Hello hello! Meet bride Kristin and her hubby, Caleb, aka the sweetest couple evahhh. Their fall wedding is serious #goals with their touching ceremony and whimsical decorations. And you just HAVE to see the yummy sunshine glowing through all of their wedding photos. It’s safe to say that we’re obsessed with this couple, their love, and their special day, and we just know you will be, too! Enjoy! Xo
Kristin + Caleb’s Love Story
Despite Caleb’s grandparents attending my church and both of us attending multiple of the same large group events, Caleb and I did not meet until the summer he moved to Central Illinois for a job in Peoria. This job becomes important later, in that it is also the workplace of my brother-in-law. We met at a grade school soccer field in my hometown after playing a recreational game with mutual friends. He was kind enough to introduce himself to me, but we laugh at this because he doesn’t remember this first meeting. We continued to see each other through mutual friends and church events and while Caleb didn’t know me well yet, he gained interest in knowing I was a serious Cubs fan. I, however, did not think much about Caleb until January of the next year, when my older sister ended up sitting next to Caleb at his company Christmas party. My big sister, role-model, and best friend calls me up the following day and wonders if I had ever considered Caleb! And though I initially dismissed this conversation, I decided to get to know Caleb as most little sister’s would do, because I trust my big sister’s judgement probably more than anyone. And of course she was correct. I found Caleb to be a genuine godly man filled with courage and character, and I fell for him. The rest is history!
Caleb’s Sweet Proposal
Through communication, prayer, and my father’s blessing Caleb and I were engaged in July of 2017. However, Caleb did not want to miss out on surprising me with a special proposal. Caleb is an amazing musician. What I thought was just him having some fun singing an Avett Brother’s song, “Murder in the City”, on the guitar to his family, turned into him serenading me. The title may not sound very romantic but, it is actually a very sweet song speaking about the importance of the love a family shares. The chorus ends like this- “Always remember, there was nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name.” He changed the lyrics at the end to ask me to share his name.
Wedding Day Details
Our wedding was on November 19th, 2017, a beautifully crisp, cold, and sunshiny day. Our ceremony was at my home church, Washington Apostolic Christian Church, in Washington, IL and our reception at the newly renovated warehouse venue, The Cannery, in Eureka, IL. We had about 500 of our loving family and friends attend. Caleb’s father, who is a minister, had a service before our vows. The message was personal and centered around a theme Bible verse we chose together for our wedding, “O magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt his name together.” Psalm 34:3, which spoke to our reason for marriage which was to first and most importantly to glorify God and draw both each other and those around us closer to our Lord.
More Wedding Day Deets
My reception was everything I hoped for and more. I always wanted more of a romantic or whimsical style to my wedding with just a touch of rustic, and The Cannery made it happen with brick walls and globe lights across the ceiling. I used accents of gold wherever I could, just because I love it. We used long rows of tables to up the elegance and we borrowed wine barrels from a friend to add to the rustic feel. My florist did a beautiful job adding to the romance with soft lush blooms in our color palette and added beautiful rustic gold votives and the unique idea of pears to add to the autumn feel on the tables. I added personal touches of signs with our theme Bible verse and names with calligraphy completed by East to West Studio. Thanks to my husband being an amazing musician, he has many friends who are also amazing musicians and we were blessed with beautiful live acoustic music throughout the reception. He also decided to surprise me again and sweetly serenade me with a song he wrote and composed himself. We were warmed up by gourmet soup in bread bowls and stuffed with a variety of delicious cupcake choices. I tried to take in every special moment from that day that I could, from my mom helping me with my dress to watching my groom tear up when I walked down the aisle. I will treasure the day forever!
Kristin’s Tips to Save
- Delegate!- If your family and friends want to help you, let them! This will save you time and money. I had my sister-in-law plan outfits for my nieces and nephews, our good family friend helped coordinate reception help and catering, and I bounced just about every idea off my sister who also spent many tiresome hours of helping me find just the right outfit accessories and color palettes. Our good friends helped serve food, were valets/greeters, and played meaningful music for us at our reception. Don’t forget to properly thank them with a card and a gift.
- Amazon!- from plates and utensils, sign holders, hair accessories, and table cloths we got it on Amazon for cheaper!
- If people offer to let you borrow stuff from their wedding, take them up on the offer- I was able to save by borrowing cupcake stands, wine barrels, and buffet trays, which saved us hundreds. Recently, I was able to allow someone else getting married to borrow our table cloths. Again don’t forget to properly thank them!
- Sometimes buying is cheaper than renting and it let’s you get exactly what you want or need (then you can let people borrow or rent your items in the future!)- We purchased our table cloths and our cake stand.
Even More Tips
- Skip buying your bridal accessories from the bridal store- I absolutely loved my dress that was a very fair price from BHLDN. However, bridal stores seem to mark up prices in belts, sashes, and veils, so I purchased my blusher veil on Etsy.
- Don’t be afraid to use talented people you know who may be new business owners or just kicking off their business. They will have a passion for what they do and charge you a fair price! Our wedding cake vendor was a talented cake decorator that had never done a wedding cake, but let me tell you-she did not disappoint!
- Pick out what is most important to you, is it photography, food,…flowers? Spend on those things and don’t break the budget for those things that are of lesser importance to you.
Photographer: Deidre Lynn Photography
Reception Venue: The Cannery
Florist and Table Decor: Splendor of Eden
Bride’s Dress: BHLDN
Bridesmaids: Show Me Your Mumu
Menswear: Suits: Indochino
Ties- The Tie Bar
Invitations and Calligraphy: East to West Studios
Rental Companies: Spruce Wedding Rentals
Wasn’t their day a total dream? I love Kristin and Caleb’s love story and wish them nothing but the best! If you want your special day featured too, click HERE.